Extremely corrosion resistant
The electro plated zinc-nickel alloy (12 to 15% nickel) is particularly successful in areas with the requirement of extremely high corrosion protection under high temperature loads.
Classic applications of parts with zinc-nickel-coatings are the engine compartment, chassis and the underbody area in automotive as well as offshore applications.
Parts subject to high temperature loads resist against starting base material corrosion in the salt spray test according to DIN EN ISO 9227 for more than 1000 hours.
The post treatment with selected topcoats enables to substantially increase the corrosion resistance and the resistance against chemical substances.
The zinc-nickel coating in the drum is suitable for components with an individual weight of up to approx. 100g-120g. This is a particularly cost-effective process for components which are not directly visible. We offer both transparent and black passivations.
- Economic procedure
- High long-term corrosion protection
- Bending and flanging capability
- Increased temperature resistance
- High adhesive strength of the passivation layers
- Internal coating by internal anode technology
- Environmentally friendly
- Iron cast
according to DIN EN ISO 9227 – NSS
- 360 h without white rust
- 720 h without red rust
After treatment passivations:
- Rack: Transparent (thick film passivation and thin film passivation)
- Drum: Transparent (thick film passivation and thin film passivation)
- Sealing with and without slip additives
- Lubricant treatment
- Preservation of uncoated interior areas, e.g. pipes
- Heat treatment for hydrogen de-embrittlement (annealing)
- Novatec 300 to 330
Chromium(VI)-free combination layers:
- TRICOAT black
- TRICOAT silver
- ZinKlad 1000
- ZinKlad 1000 B
- Gleitmo 605
- Torque’n Tension
Questions about the process?
Direct contact sales office
Frau Paulina Oswald
Frau Celin Munz