Predestined for functional surface technology
The electroless separation of nickel-phosphorus alloys has a number of outstanding advantages and often meets requirements that cannot be achieved with other processes.
The application is recommended where parts must be provided with a high fitting accuracy and a absolutely uniform layer thickness.
High corrosion protection and wear resistance are also exceptional features of this coating.
- Coplanar deposition
- High wear resistance
- High hardness
- High corrosion resistance
- Uniform layer thickness
- Good chemical resistance
- Diffusion tight
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent gliding characteristics
- Solderability and weldability
- Magnetic or non-magnetic (depending on phosphorous content)
- Tarnish resistant
- Inner coating possible
- Appealing optics
- Steel and iron materials
- Aluminium and aluminium alloys
- Non-ferrous metals as copper, brass, bronze
- Rack application
- High, medium and low phosphorus content for special problem solutions
High corrosion resistance:
- Vastly superior to galvanic nickel layers
- 450-650 HV (0,05) in deposition state
- Approx. 1000 HV (0.05) after heat treatment
- Novatec 710 EL Phos. Content 1-4%
- Novatec 720 EL Phos. Content 6-9%
- Novatec 730 EL Phos. Content 10-14%
Uniform layer thickness distribution due to good dimensional stability:
- Also on geometrically complicated parts in drill holes and on the inside of hollow parts.
Wide range of applications
Electroless nickel is used to coat base materials such as steel, non-ferrous metals or non-ferrous metals for a wide variety of industries: Mechanical and automotive engineering, chemical industry, food industry, electronics, mining, textile/printing industry, medical technology, aerospace.
Holder’s range of processes includes low, medium and high phosphorus baths. Depending on the task, Holder offers individually high corrosion and wear protection, magnetic or non-magnetic properties, defined deposition rates and hardness.
With numerous chemical, physical and tribological properties, every field of application can be covered technologically.
Direct contact to the sales department